Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2011

New Beginnings...

It's the 1st of March, which means 2011 is almost one-quarter gone! How time flies.

At the start of 2011, lots of New Year resolutions were made - get a better job, lose weight, eat better, exercise more, create more me-time, live a better life etc....One of my 2011 resolutions was to improve my blogging and write more. I did make a concerted effort in the first week of January, but somehow, life happened! But hey, no more excuses - it's a new month, new day, new hour and I'm going to dust myself and start all over again!

I sit in my living room in Sunny Houston, I look out the window and I see the sun shining. This is a surprisingly beautiful day (not too hot and not too cold) and it was the beauty of this day that motivated me to start writing again.

I see writing as a means of sharing my thoughts and experiences with others in a similar situation. I absolutely love striking up one-to-one conversations with people because you get to learn more about them and they about you. It's funny how much we all have in common, when we take the time to find out.
 
I'm hoping through the blog and the feedback I get, I'll be able to acheive that. I write, you feedback, I write, you feedback......we're having a conversation and getting to know each other!

Let's look at the elements - the sun goes down every evening, but unfailingly comes up every morning to provide light and warmth to everyone. Flowers 'go to bed' but 'wake' up in the morning to spread their petals and provide beauty. My blog is fairly unknown today, but I know that I owe it to myself to keep at it, as I am sure it will provide some light, beauty, joy to someone, someday.... To someone reaching out to meet new people, to someone looking for a friend, to someone, somewhere.....

So I have to keep writing....

1 comment:

  1. That's right, keep writing, you never know who'll read it. It might just what they need right at that moment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...