Pages

Sunday 20 March 2011

One day at a time....

Still on the country theme....

This is a song by Wanda Jackson, one of America's first major female country and rockabilly singers, famous in 1950's and 1960's. Like I said in yesterday's post, I'm not a die-hard country fan, but you've got to admit that, country music can attimes be extremely soothing.

The lyrics of this song, which are pasted below, are always relevant and applicable. Not just in our spiritual journey with God, but also with most things in life.  So for today, I'm going to take the writing of this blog, just as the song says - one day at a time!

'Lord, Just give me the strength to do everyday, what I have to do!'

Here are the lyrics and the Youtube video! Have a great Sunday!

One Day at a Time, Sweet Jesus
(http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/w/wanda_jackson/)



I'm only human, I'm just a woman
Help me believe in what I could be
And all that I am
Show me the stairway, I have to climb
Lord for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time

chorus:
One day at a time sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from you
Just give me the strength
To do everyday what I have to do
Yesterdays gone sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine
Lord help me today, show me the way
One day at a time

Do you remember, when you walked among men
Well Jesus you know if you're looking below
It's worse now, than then
Cheating and stealing, violence and crime
So for my sake, teach me to take
One day at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...