Pages

Thursday 10 March 2011

Statistics....

There are
• 7 continents on Planet Earth
• 195 countries in the world
• over 6 billion people on earth
• over 2 million people in my city alone.

Does that make you feel small yet?

But here’s another angle.

According to Pingdom, there are

• Approximately 1.97 billion – Internet users worldwide (June 2010).
• Approximately 255 million websites (Dec 2010)
• Approximately 152 million blogs on the Internet (as tracked by BlogPulse).

Do you see where I’m going with this yet?

I’m a blogger (albeit a very, new blogger). This means, my blog is one of the 152 million blogs out there.

I also know that there are 1.97 billion Internet users worldwide. This means, there are potentially 1.97 billion people out there who could be reading my blog (ok, maybe less, because not everyone speaks English)!

So far, I’m not doing too badly, if I go by the stats I’m getting. (the light green and dark green areas are where my readers are)



This is why my next pressing task is – how do I increase readership? How do I reach the 1.97 billion people worldwide?

2 comments:

  1. You reach the 1.97 billion people one at a time. Tell your friends and family, let them tell their friends and family who tell their friends and family in return and so on. Before you know it you'll be read by x number of people.

    PS. When you do reach the people, do put in a good word for me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...