Pages

Thursday 17 March 2011

Seamus, my Leprechaun lover

Hey Seamus,
Aren’t you famous?
Today is your day,
It’s St Patrick’s day!

I was out walking and got you a shamrock
Didn’t think you’d want the 4 leaf clover, not even for luck
The entire world does see you as a grumpy, old leprechaun
But with the Claddagh Ring on my finger, my heart sings a different song

You know, it's never been about your treasure
Being with you is all about the pleasure
I’ve been praying for this, each night on the Cross
The time we spend together as lovers, should not be a loss...

Top of the morning to you, as I sit on your lap
Do play me a song on your Celtic harp
And when this is over , let’s get drunk on some Guinness!
A ‘bitter’sweet way, to seal our future Happiness!


Image courtesy Microsoft.com

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, this is a really good poem, mind if I share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it and thanks for letting me know! Feel free to share as-is, so long as you mention the source.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...