Pages

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Tetris - the end!

A few months ago, I downloaded Tetris to my phone and I have to confess that I've become addicted! It is a great time filler (waster?!). I'm constantly playing it and trying to break my record. And yesterday, I did. I got to the end of the game on my phone - I had cleared 150 lines (playing at the fastest speed!) and the game came to an end. Absolute end. 


Did I feel fulfilled? I guess....  My emotions were two-fold really. On the one hand, I was exhilarated because I had got to the end, but on the other hand, I was deflated because there was nothing else to look forward to! A weird cocktail of emotions - no?


Same applies to certain life goals as well, I guess. You set your goals, you work hard to achieve them and you feel greatly exhilarated at/by your success. But shortly after, you start to feel listless and hopefully, strive for more. Set new goals. Start the cycle again. (Unless, of course, you feel that you have exceeded all expectations with your most recent achievements and therefore have no inclination to strive any more)

How do you react to the cessation/conclusion of something that you put a lot of work and effort into?  How did you feel? Exhilarated or deflated? Happy to stop now or raring to do more? Do share...

As for me and my Tetris, I am now looking for new phone games to master....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...