Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Brace Face

I'm a huge fan of people with braces
Flashing metallic smiles that light up their faces
Ultra cool and uber chic
Hanging out with them gives me such a kick!

I had a regular visit to the dentist
And he made a recommendation I could not resist
My spacey grin and spaced out teeth
Needed the firm grip of the metallic sheath

Happiness, joy and sheer pleasure
My joy was boundless and without measure
I finally get to wear shiny braces
And join the league of metallic faces!

But in life, there are always 2 sides
2 angles to everything, 2 divides
This, I discover after the braces are in
My routine is changing, much to my chagrin

One thing I have lost is the freedom to eat
All the things I love, all my sweet treats
Oh well, no-one ever said that good things come easy
This one sacrifice for beauty won't make me uneasy!

I've always admired people with braces
Flashing metallic smiles that light up their faces
I've got my own braces now, oh what a thrill
I love my new smile. I love my grill!

(written to reflect the emotions of a 9yr old getting braces for the first time)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...