Pages

Thursday 11 August 2011

Que sera sera - with commentaries

When I was just a little girl (I'm a lot older now!) 
I asked my mother, what will I be (Gosh, how I  really wanted to know!)
Will I be pretty, will I be rich (I'm as pretty as I can possibly be but I know I'm not as rich as I want to be!)
Here's what she said to me. (Come sit here, my child.)

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be (Listen child, there is no gain in vanity.) 
The future's not ours, to see (Pay attention to your books and you will do well)
Que Sera, Sera (My one legacy to you will be this)
What will be, will be. (A good education to start you off in life.)

When I was young, I fell in love (I did fall in love but only as a young adult, fresh out of university)
I asked my sweetheart what lies ahead (Again, I foolishly wanted to know!)
Will we have rainbows, day after day (With the drought here, I forget what a rainbow looks like!) 
Here's what my sweetheart said. (Wait for this!)

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be (Seriously, you need to get a life, this is the real world!) 
The future's not ours, to see (I'm a M.A.N., I don't do soppy romance!) 
Que Sera, Sera (Oh, grow up and get your head out of the romantic fiction novels, will you!)
What will be, will be. (I did marry you, didn't I!) 

Now I have children of my own (Lovely treasures, bless 'em!)
They ask their mother, what will I be (And now I'm giving them the same answers I got!)
Will I be handsome, will I be rich (Of course you will be everything you want to be - if you work hard at it!)
I tell them tenderly. (Aim for the skies, nothing less!' ...Who knows, maybe a romantic partner will turn up as well!) 


Que Sera, Sera, 
Whatever will be, will be, 
The future's not ours to see, 
Que Sera, Sera, 
What will be, will be. 

The future is really not ours to see, but don't you wonder at times?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...