Pages

Saturday 17 September 2011

In or Out?

With the weather getting cooler, I am considering changing my workout regime.

Going to the gym worked during the summer months, but I have to confess that it is getting pretty boring now and I'm fast losing the motivation to go.  (Get to the gym, get on stair climber or treadmill, turn on TV, watch Today show, keep moving, do weights, drink water, go home.....)

Jogging outside seems like a really good idea. Especially if you do it first thing in the morning, at the crack of dawn. The crisp fresh air and the feeling of openness really does it for me!

On second thoughts, with all the wildfires occurring in my neck of the woods, maybe one should exercise some caution in heading out to jog in the park. I'd hate for the gentle jog in the park to suddenly become a race for life!

How do you spice up a jaded exercise routine?

2 comments:

  1. It's a tough one! I've just gone back to the gym having cancelled my membership a few months back. I'm still on an endorphin high but dread the boredom and lack of motivation that sets in once it becomes routine.

    Sorry I have no advice to offer. I will cross that bridge when I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! Creativity is key, I think. I did go in today and it was great fun! Now I can justify that double choc chip muffin....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...