Pages

Sunday 15 August 2010

I'll miss Eastenders...

I've started thinking about the tiny tidbits of our life here that I am going to miss...

I'm going to miss the ability to walk to places, ability to get on a bus easily (I have to feel safe too!), ability to walk to my local off-license and get a few grocery items.

I'm going to miss the British humour, the weather, the TV programmes (Masterchef, Weakest Link, X-Factor, Britain's Got Talent, good old Eastenders!).

Now I am not ashamed to say that I am a huge Eastie's fan. Most people try to act as if they do not watch it, yet they know all about Ronnie, Roxie, Max, Jack, Bianca somehow....

Well, I'm pleased to announce that I am an avid fan and at the end of each episode, I am truly thankful for my normal and somewhat boring life!

Let's face it, how many places :-
- can you die and come back (Lucas/Denise - he did strangle her!)
- can you have a relationship / baby with your friend / sister's boyfriend and still remain close (Roxie/Ronnie, Pat/Peggy)
- can have such large houses with so many rooms (Pat's house must have at least 10 bedrooms, if you go by all the people that stay there, the flat atop the Vic too!)
- can you own a house and yet want to move out for your tenants (Pat, Patrick)
- can you not work, yet still afford to have a drink at the pub, a coffee at Ian's place or pop a bottle of wine almost every evening with your dinner? (Janine/Ryan)

Walford must be heaven, but we just don't know it. Do you think they are in a cult or sect, where they have signed a pact to always be together and never leave? Because anything outside Walford is like another planet. And that is why the relationships are doomed, because they are not looking outside of the Square for new relationships.

Oh yes, I love Eastenders and will miss it.
I just hope I can catch it on BBC iPlayer when I move over....

If any of this has made you interested in catching up on the characters and storyline, go to www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders

2 comments:

  1. Years back I religiously watched it but now I cannot stand Eastenders.

    I guess you will miss all of these things but there will be other things which you can do/have out there which we don't like...erm...sorry, nothing readily comes to mind but I will let you know if I think of something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really really...(this could take a while) miss Eastenders!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...